Key product features
- An entertaining beginners' steel pan for all ages (3+) and musical abilities
- Authentic Caribbean tone and excellent intonation
- Eight labelled notes cover a range of an octave from G4-G5
- Pan diameter 40cm and skirt depth 6.5cm
- Metal Z-frame stand, height adjustable 60cm – 90cm
- Includes mallets and a beginners' guide (free download) with 5 songs and backing tracks
The Jumbie Jam is by far the best quality and most authentic sounding beginners' steel pan on the market. It's the perfect gift to encourage classes of young children to make music together and explore the sounds of the Caribbean. It has also become popular with older and more advanced musicians looking to add a tropical twist to their lives
It's named after the Jumbie, a mischievous spirit in Trinidadian folklore, and the tropical tones are sure to awaken every player's impish creativity. The pan itself is made from premium steel and built to Panyard's exact specification to ensure perfect intonation and playing ease.
Each pan measures 40cm across and has a 6.5cm shallow skirt. The new metal z-stand is height adjustable between 60cm and 90cm to accommodate all players great and small. The additional weight of the metal stand will give more stability to the pan no matter how the fiesta spirit moves you!
The surface features eight labelled notes spanning a major scale from G4-G5. The free to download beginners' guide includes 5 songs written in both simple letter grids and traditional notation and is available to download. There are several further books available, each including a CD of backing tracks for classroom playalong.
Often incorrectly referred to as steel drums, the whole instrument vibrates to make a pan's characteristic Caribbean sound which means they are properly classified as 'idiophones', the same family as cymbals.