Key product features
- Traditional resonant aluminium shells with classy matt finish
- Fitted with two Nylon drum heads and 6 snare wires
- Approximate dimensions: 14" head diameter and 5" height
- Hard-wearing chrome hardware with 6 tension rods
- Authentic Brazilian instrument manufactured in famous Sao Paolo factory
The caixa is an all-rounder of an instrument, used extensively throughout Brazilian music. Originally used in samba schools in Rio, it is now found in a wide range of drumming ensembles. The fixed snare wires help this instrument to cut through the drum group and provide swing to the music.
This model has a 14" head on each end of the 10cm deep body, held in place by gleaming chrome counter hoops and 6 adjustable tension rods. A combination of the aluminium shell and durable white Nylon skins - the definitive samba drum construction materials - ensures optimum resonance which creates that recognisable carnival tone. Each drum comes fully assembled.
We are proud to be the sole importers for Izzo who have been manufacturing top quality instruments in Brazil for more than 60 years. Their famous Standard Senior series are the first choice for serious samba percussionists around the world.