Key product features
Recommended accessories and similar products ›
- Traditional resonant aluminium shells with classy matt finish
- Fitted with two Nylon drum heads and 6 snare wires
- Approximate dimensions: 12" head diameter and 6" height
- Hard-wearing chrome hardware with 6 tension rods
- Authentic Brazilian instrument manufactured in famous Sao Paolo factory
- Supplied fully assembled and includes tuning key
The Caixa is a snare drum with thick wires that is tuned to a high pitch and used to play the repetitive driving rhythms that give samba music its urgency. Unlike its Western marching band counterpart, it's played snare-side up. This model has a 12" head on each end of the 15cm body, held in place by gleaming chrome counter hoops and 6 adjustable tension rods. A combination of the aluminium shell and durable white Nylon skins - the definitive samba drum construction materials - ensures optimum resonance which creates that recognisable carnival tone. Each drum comes fully assembled and includes a tuning key for tightening the skins.
We are proud to be the sole importers for Izzo who have been manufacturing top quality instruments in Brazil for more than 60 years. Their famous Standard Senior series are the first choice for serious samba percussionists around the world.
Please note: This listing is for the drum and tuning key only. Take a look at the links on the right hand side of this page for sticks and straps.
|Boxed dimensions||36cm x 36cm x 26cm|