Manhasset's Acoustic Shield is designed to protect the hearing of players stationed near loud instruments but has many other useful applications:
- A 1.5in lip means it can double as a large transparent music stand
- Reflect live feedback for mic'd players and singers without a monitor speaker
- French horn players can place behind the instrument bell to act as a deflector
- Use in the studio to reduce unwanted noise or microphone bleed
- Surround a drum kit with multiple shields to protect other musicians' hearing
The large window is made of clear Lexan polycarbonate resin which is much more durable and effective than glass or acrylic. This screen is attached to Manhasset's renowned knob-free stand with ‘magic finger’ shaft clutch and ‘friction tilt’ neck joint meaning that the stand can be pushed or pulled into any position and will remain secure without turning a single screw. Not only does the lack of adjusters make it simpler to use, but the overall design also looks much more sleek and classy. When not in use the legs can be collapsed for easy storage and the desks fold all the way back reducing the total stand height to 94cm. The complete assembly is also surprisingly lightweight and easy to carry around if necessary.