Key product features
- Hand carved cello ideal for advancing students
- Solid spruce table with beautifully figured maple back & sides
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs and fittings
- Fitted with high grade strings
- Final setup in our workshop to ensure tone and playability are at their best
The MMX BEC300 is the ideal choice for advanced students or young professional cellists on a budget as it represents unrivalled value for money. Each instrument is carved by hand in the workshop of Guofang Wang, whose family business in Beijing is held in high regard by luthiers all over the world.
Every cello is composed of a solid spruce top with maple back and sides and ebony fittings. These tonewood panels are sourced from the forests of Sichuan or Yunnan province and seasoned to increase their strength. The body is finished with a spirit-based lacquer to provide protection and create an attractive antique sheen.