Key product features
- First edition reprinted 2018
- A must for woodwind technicians
- Over 550 pages with 950 diagrams!
- 10 different sections covering the main woodwind instruments
- General and advanced repair instructions
- Includes a list of recommended tools and materials
Reg Thorpe is a highly respected instrument technician: a member of NAPBIRT (National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians), his repair manual is widely acknowledged as the best on the market. The Woodwind Repair Manual is an essential staple for anybody wishing to embark on their own repair and should be in every workshop. Easy to understand step by step instructions. For beginners, students and seasoned woodwind repair technicians. The 2018 reprint has been newly bound with a flexible spiral binding. This makes it lie flat against a work surface.
The manual is divided into the following 10 sections:
1. General Repair (repairs most common to most woodwind instruments)
2. The Clarinet (including Alto and Bass Clarinets)
3. The Flute (including the piccalo)
4. The Saxophone
5. The Oboe (including the Cor Anglais)
6. The Bassoon
7. Advanced Repair (pinning, tenon and socket repair, mouthpiece work, etc.)
8. Making Parts (keys, pillars, body rings, screws, etc.)
9. Miscellaneous (the theory)
10. Tools (choice of, making, etc.)
The appendices has details of woodwind tool and material suppliers, instrument manufacturers and a book list.