Izzo Junior 10" repinique
RRP £55.00 (inc. VAT)
Key product features
- Made from thinner lightweight aluminium - perfect for young players
- Approximate dimensions: 10" head diameter and 12" height
- Ribbed construction for extra strength
- Durable synthetic skin held in place by black aluminium counter hoop with 4 tension rods
- Authentic Brazilian instrument manufactured in famous Sao Paolo factory
- Supplied fully assembled and includes tuning key
Introducing the Izzo Junior 10" repinique
The repinique or repique is a large and extremely loud high pitched drum, used to play lead rhythms and to signify changes in samba music. It normally has a skin on both ends*, and its pitch sits between the deep surdos and the various smaller high-pitched drums. This model has a single 10" head on one end of the 30cm shell, held in place by a strong aluminium counter hoop and rods. Each drum comes fully assembled and all the hardware is painted with protective black paint. A tuning key for tightening the synthetic skin is also included in the box.
We are proud to be the sole importers for Izzo who have been manufacturing top quality instruments in Brazil for more than 60 years. Their new Junior series are built using thinner aluminium making them lighter and cheaper - perfect for younger players. An ingenious ridged design makes them just as strong (and loud!) as the standard range, meaning they'll easily survive the everyday perils of the classroom.
* This model has a skin on one end only.